The Isle is an open beta with an open-world survival game where players choose from three factions in an attempt to survive a fierce island. Hunt. Prey. Survive which was released on Steam on December 1 2015.
What is the Isle?
The Isle is an open-world multiplayer dinosaur sandbox game that will feature several different user created game modes.
The first game mode being developed is an open-world survival experience where players will choose to play as one of three human factions; Rangers, Mercenaries or Poachers. They will face off against the primeval inhabitants of The Isle with superior fire power and technology, relying on their wits to survive the hostile environment and their force of will to endure.
Playing as one of the indigenous prehistoric creatures gamers can form groups, explore The Isle, establish bases, create packs, discover data logs left by Project Lazarus and compete for the DNA left behind by those responsible for creating The Isle.
The Isle features a non-linear narrative told strictly through the environment. Hidden locations and ancient artifacts will be dynamically created on The Isle revealing the how and why of The Isle. Players will need to work together to uncover all of the secrets of The Isle. Discovering these locations and artifacts will unlock several key plot devices which will further the communal narrative forward.
Development of The Isle has been ongoing for over a year and we’re in the final stretch before having it at a state ready for public play. The Isle is still in an early (Alpha) stage of development but we are happy with the course it is on. - The Isle
DISCLAIMER: THIS GAME IS IN EARLY ACCESS. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF INTENDED GAMEPLAY FUNCTIONALITY.
A note from the developer:
Firstly, thank you for looking at our game. Despite the fact we aspire to create a fun game approachable by many, we feel the need to caution any potential users. We are undergoing experimental updates of the game's design and roll out patches daily, sometimes several times. This results in a lot of updates that some people find distasteful. As this occurs, user experience may drastically change. Features may be added, removed, or wiped entirely. More importantly, difficulty will gradually become more brutal as chances of survival become less likely. We, the developers, are actively going to design the future game islands and creatures to counteract known player tactics of survival. Your mistakes will be punished. Expect no survivors.
THE ISLE: A WORLD DESIGNED TO KILL YOU
The Isle is a realistic, gritty, open-world survival horror game. There is only one goal in mind: Survive. The islands and its inhabitants will radically change, ever-evolving as players themselves learn how to grow, flourish, and thrive. There are no waypoints, tutorials, or ulterior precepts in mind to alter play styles or purpose. In the end, the only person you can trust is yourself.
KEY FEATURES IN EARLY ACCESS
- The Island: A vast landscape of dense forestand open plains, hidden within are various ruins and expanses that hold insight as to what was here...
- Up to 100 players per server based on server hardware and bandwidth.
- Sandbox System - Play as any of the dinosaurs (or humans!) added to the game, with no penalties or consequence to dying. Sometimes we don't want to struggle to survive, and that's okay.
- Basic Dinosaur Simulation - Basic needs such as thirst and hunger are present. Start as a juvenile, grow to adulthood, mate, and raise young. Stalk your prey and avoid your predators among the dense forests and swamps.
- Playable Dinosaurs - Choose between featured animals in the official survival mode, or join customized sandbox experiences with 30 playable dinosaurs such as Triceratops, Carnotaurus, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Gallimimus, Utahraptor, Acrocanthosaurus and Allosaurus, with even more planned ahead.
- Dedicated Server Binaries with Steam integration
- Basic Dinosaur AI
- An expansive island stretching across 16x16km²
PLANNING AHEAD: THE FUTURE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
We realize that there is a long road ahead and a lot of work to be done in order to turn this into the dinosaur game we want it to be. Throughout development, we will be adding a lot more to the Isle based off of current planning and user feedback Some of these features are as follows:
- Full Mod Support - Skins, additional dinosaurs, and various gamemodes such as deathmatch and a tycoon sim
- Achievements, Trading Cards, Emotes, etc.
- Localization of all Game UI
- Realistic Dinosaur AI with complex ecosystems
- 20+ Playable Dinosaurs
- Indigenous Faction implementation
- Survivor Faction implementation
- Player Crafting System implementation
- Base Capturing
- Dynamic Aerial Drop-In Spawn System
- Human/Dinosaur Body Painting
- Dinosaur Capturing and Enslaving
- Advanced Vehicle System
- Improved Sound FX, including regional sound localization
- Steam economy
- "The Escape" global in-game world quest
Aside from the necessity of community feedback finds for bug fixes, content suggestion, and creative feedback, the Isle will have a post-release content structure after Early Access has been polished to the best of our ability.
UNIQUE TRIPLE-FACTION GAMEPLAY
Choose between three playable factions and find yourself stranded on a merciless island of harsh wildernesses, cunning dinosaurs, ruthless indigenous, fierce survivors, and rival players. Explore dark and foreboding forests, unforgiving caves, and beautiful but deadly mountain vistas for the supplies you will ultimately need to survive. As you progress and explore, you will happen across ancient ruins and abandoned military bases that, with perseverance and time, can convert into your own outpost or nesting ground in this hostile world.
- As the survivor, you'll experience a sense of both wonder and terror as everything on the island has evolved to kill you. However, you will find yourself armed to the teeth and more than capable when it comes to survival skills. Discover how you came to be here, and escape. Nothing will stand in your way... so long as you still have ammo.
- As the Indigenous, you will find yourself in-tune with the natural environment. Surviving here for many lifetimes, the indigenous are capable foragers and natural hunters. Form tribes or survive alone, you will be armed with spears, bows, poison, and makeshift camouflage. Become as ruthless as the beasts among you, or become food.
- As a Dinosaur, you'll be the epitome of cunning and ferocity. From the swift and agile Utahraptor to the unstoppable Tyrannosaurus Rex, you must survive as a meager juvenile until reaching maturity. Form packs, create and defend your nests, hunt prey, and claim territory. All roads lead to death, or becoming the dominant predator of the island.
A GLOBAL COMMUNITY STORY
The Isle features a narrative told strictly through the environment, achievable only through immense cooperation among players. Hidden locations and artifacts are dynamically created within the open world that reveal the answers to all the questions that would arise. Why are you here? Why dinosaurs? What is causing them to mutate? Why can’t you just leave? It will take the entire global community to unravel the purpose to their being on the Isle and each discovery will directly affect the future of the game.
BECOME THE BEAST
One key focus of the Isle is the unique element of playing as dinosaurs and other creatures found on the islands. All will have a general familiar play-style, while each retain their own uniqueness of capability. Players can select a variety of creatures and grow from juvenile to adulthood. As your dinosaur grows, you can select different palette options and skins, growing your abilities to hunt, create your pack, and eventually mutate into a much powerful version of your dinosaur and claim the right as the Apex.
UNPARALLELED MOD SUPPORT
We will support all the features of Steamworks and allow for any aspect of the game to be modded by the community using Steam Workshop. Members of the community will be able to download a free copy of Unreal Engine 4 from Epic Games and generate mods and change all aspects of the game. This includes everything but not limited to making a new map, adding new dinosaur types or new game modes such as a Dinosaur Park Simulator or a role playing focused game mode.
You can subscribe to mods on the workshop and select what ones you want enabled when you start your server. Players joining the servers will automatically obtain the required mods without even needing to restart the game.
This is where all The Isle Staff can be found.
- Saurian and The Isle share staff.
- Other than Saurian its not supposed/planned to be a accurate Dinosaur Simulation.